Winter has struck down under and the freezing mornings are hard! Here’s a gluten free winter warmer that’s sure to warm up those little baby bellies in the morning. To make this porridge baby friendly you can simply opt out of using regular milk and use formula or expressed milk instead.
You will need:
- 1 cup rice or rice flakes
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup formula or expressed milk (optional)
- Cook the rice or rice flakes by boiling them in a pot till they are soft without any signs of solid grains.
- Add chopped bananas and formula or expressed milk (optional) in the same pot and cook them together for two to three minutes. Keep stirring the mixture to ensure an even spread. You can dilute the porridge by adding some water and cooking for additional three to four minutes.
- Once done, let the porridge cool well before feeding. This makes a highly nutritious and delicious baby breakfast.